Saturday, July 28, 2012

Forgotten Faces

I found these photos in a box of miscellaneous travel brochures from the '60's.  These 2 young girls are Reba and Credithe, as noted on the back.  Not sure which is which.  Your choice.


They stare out at us from more than a century ago.  I would place these two in the 1880's or 90's.

The entire internet knows of only 1 Credithe.  She lived from 1893 to 1974 and is buried in Indiana.  A possibilty, although a slim one.  The most popular Reba on the internet is this one.  I don't think it's her...

There was no label for the next picture.  There's pencil script below right of the picture, but I can't make it out.  Some better photo editing software might be able to enhance it.  She's an attractive young lady and I've decided she was a schoolmarm.  Hey, it's my picture now.


The moral of this story is, label your photos well.  You never know where they may end up a century from now. 

"Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph.  Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you." 
- "Bookends" by Simon and Garfunkel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...