Monday, December 2, 2013

Santas on Parade

Tis the season, so I thought I'd share some of my Christmas finds this past year.  Specifically Santa figures.  I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for the fat, bearded, jolly one, and I don't mean Orson Welles.  Most of these figures are plastic from Japan or Hong Kong dating from the late 1960's to 1970's.  These were all bought for $1 or less.



Santa's pushing a cart of ornaments or fruit.  Not sure which.


This seems to be a popular pose





This Santa switched it up a little.



Skating Santa


Santa in his sleigh being pulled by 8, er, 4 not so tiny reindeer.


Santa switched to a horseless carriage some time at the turn of the last century


And finally, not so much a figure as a standee.



1 comment:

  1. all the high-stepping santas together are interesting. i never noticed how much he liked to kick up his heels! o_o

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...