Sunday, February 9, 2014

What was on TV February 2nd through 10th, 1978

I'm running a couple days behind, but nevertheless, here is television as it was this week in 1978.



No, that's not cocaine Captain Steubing is dumping overboard, showering Lauren Tewes, that's just where the mailing label was. This is several years before she was dismissed from the show for her addiction.  Fortunately, she cleaned up and was able to return to the show one last time in a guest shot before it was cancelled.

This was a pretty weak Saturday morning lineup.  My watching was tied up most of the morning with Superfriends and Scooby Doo's Laff-a-lympics.  On the ABC Weekend Special was "Soup and Me".  Based on the book by Robert Newton Peck, it follows the misadventures of two boys in rural Vermont and stars child star Shane Sinutko.





One of these days, I'm going to devote an entire blog to cigarette ads.  I love the way this woman is fawning over her man while he looks disinterestedly forward.




Can Steve stop World War III?  Well, we're still here, so I'm guessing yes.



You can watch "The Initiation of Sarah" on Youtube...if you dare.



The News Center for Information?  Looks more like the bridge of the Starship Enterprise.



Shields & Yarnell -- Yet another reason to hate the '70's.





I never watched James at 15 or 16.  I know Lance Kerwin solely from his role in the television adaption of Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot.  Roles pretty much dried up for him by the time he grew up.  He now lives in Hawaii and works as a minister.  In 2010 he and his wife pled guilty to falsifying documents in order to gain state food and medical assistance.


Dolly, unsure of what this might mean, looks nervously on.


More "Flicker Snickers" that fail to make me snicker.

Her ship may have come in, but just as quickly, it sailed.



And that wraps up another week in TV's past.

6 comments:

  1. Great posts! Like the golden age of 70s TV all in this one issue of TV Guide! So great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this one was chuck-full of great picture ads for tv shows.

      Delete
  2. Listing for Saturday at 11am: 'Dimples' starring Shirley Temple. R.I.P.

    Some episodes of 'James at 15' were filmed at my high school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. >Listing for Saturday at 11am: 'Dimples' starring Shirley Temple. >R.I.P.
      Yeah, I would have never guessed how timely the posting of that ad would be.

      >Some episodes of 'James at 15' were filmed at my high school.

      What high school was that?

      Delete
    2. Culver City High School, Culver City, Ca.

      Delete
  3. I remember Vince van Patten and I think Melissa Sue Anderson filming an episode one day on the campus.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...