Friday, December 12, 2014

Hang This on Your Tree

My last post inspired me to get some shots of some of the ornaments I've picked up this past year at various sales.









This ornament dates from the 1970's.  The Santas are handpainted.  We had a set on our tree as a child.  They were always my favorite.








The next three are plastic and probably made in Hong Kong in the 1970's.




This glass bell has tinsel inside of it.  I believe it's a Shiny Brite.

This Santa is probably a German-made mercury ornament.

These matching red and blue ornaments are plastic.


I found this Santa recently at an estate sale.  The cashier thought he looked so pathetic, she threw him in for free.  I like him.  He has a tin background, plastic molded face and a lifelike (at least in the faux sense of "lifelike" if that makes any sense) beard.

1 comment:

  1. We had some from the first bunch of these, I remember them well. And I like that Santa, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...