Monday, January 19, 2015

Watching Television Tonight?

I've been meaning to scan and post this photo for some time.  I found it among a bunch of unrelated studio photographs at an estate sale a couple years back.  Given my penchant for TV Guide posts, it seemed appropriate.


I can only assume it's a promotional photo given to grocery and drug stores to show what display stands they could order to push their TV Guide sales.  The issue shown at the top of the stand is the 1956/57 Fall Preview edition.  Next to that are the words, "This Week's Issue", so I guess you would hang either a picture or an actual copy of that week's edition over that each week.  On the back of the photo are some numbers which I assume to be the dimensions of the display.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...